Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you know you are being played?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    They just open there mouths
    And ask you to take a seat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

And we get the cards out

I'm a Flirt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I think you got this one right. I have been friends with her for about 5 years now. I helped her through a divorce, a new job, and numerous other things as a very close friend. At some point we both started noticing each other and making comments about what it would be like in another time and place. I probably need to just accept that she needs me as a friend and continue to be there for her.

Away with the fairies soulseeker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Am I being played? Or am I just an old fool?
    Brief synopsis...........
    4 year relationship, first met on-line then met in real life.
    Both live in different countries, me UK, he in europe.
    Distance between us only 170 miles.
    I went there to him, and he spent time here.
    I mostly gave, he mostly took, but I was willing and did share all that I have and would always have done so, a small price to pay for the love of my life.........
    He ended the relationship, although saying that he still loved me and always will.........
    Devastating for me, he knows how I still feel.
    It broke me in pieces....I still am....
    But I'm trying to move on and to forget and just keep the happy memories.........

He though, still contacts me, saying he'll never 'let me go' and will always love and be in love with me, there will never be anyone else for him, although he's dating other women.......

Is that what's meant by being played?
    Screwing with someones feelings?
    Hurting them emotionally?
    Lying to them?

I'm trying to move on, make another life for myself and get him out of my heart and my head and my thoughts.........
    And he's making damn sure that I can't forget him, as I close one way of him contacting me, he finds another way.........
    As he did yesterday....

And guessing that he'll find me here now, and that I'll have to leave here too...

And just realised that this thread is not in a private part of the boards but open to the whole of the www, maybe it should be....could it be moved?
    Last edited by soulseeker; 12-22-2011 at 01:23 AM.

* When the world says give up, Hope whispers, "Try it one more time" *

Away with the fairies soulseeker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Just wanted to add a p.s. to the above post......
    I see it as him trying to keep control of my life and my feelings......and having no love for me whatsoever.....

* When the world says give up, Hope whispers, "Try it one more time" *

" I'm not really here..." Singeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I log-in..post a bit..see interactions taking place I have no business getting involved in...see a terrific friend who has become an Admin member...no replies..that sucks..and i bet she doesnt...my xmas wishes......must be a pretty hollow life to become an over-seer of this fantasy...que sera, sera..life is what you are comfortable with, CT...

What ever..I've been played....a someone who has no fear about posting about himself...openly and freely....Lettuce for the rabbits amongst you...

Your greatest Love could be two streets away...get up from your PC. Laptop or phone...and look.

Merry Christmas everyone..to friends and foes....Best Wishes for the New Year...it will only be what you decide to make of it. A wished-for Life wont fall into your lap...you have to make the effort to seek it

cheers.

"Tilt"
    True happiness..isnt a destination...it's a way of life.
    May you find the way...:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

You feel it in your gut!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by soulseeker View Post
    Am I being played? Or am I just an old fool?
    Brief synopsis...........
    4 year relationship, first met on-line then met in real life.
    Both live in different countries, me UK, he in europe.
    Distance between us only 170 miles.
    I went there to him, and he spent time here.
    I mostly gave, he mostly took, but I was willing and did share all that I have and would always have done so, a small price to pay for the love of my life.........
    He ended the relationship, although saying that he still loved me and always will.........
    Devastating for me, he knows how I still feel.
    It broke me in pieces....I still am....
    But I'm trying to move on and to forget and just keep the happy memories.........

He though, still contacts me, saying he'll never 'let me go' and will always love and be in love with me, there will never be anyone else for him, although he's dating other women.......

Is that what's meant by being played?
    Screwing with someones feelings?
    Hurting them emotionally?
    Lying to them?

I'm trying to move on, make another life for myself and get him out of my heart and my head and my thoughts.........
    And he's making damn sure that I can't forget him, as I close one way of him contacting me, he finds another way.........
    As he did yesterday....

And guessing that he'll find me here now, and that I'll have to leave here too...

And just realised that this thread is not in a private part of the boards but open to the whole of the www, maybe it should be....could it be moved?
    you're being played, sorry to say. he ended it, he wanted to move on. he's dating other ppl. but he doesn't want u to forget about him. he knew you gave. he contacts you to make sure you don't forget about him. for his own stupid ego boost.

the only way you'll truly move on is to cut him off completely. NO CONTACT WHAT SO EVER. delete his contact from your phone, your txt history, his pictures, from your computer, the folder your keep on your internet of past messages you guys sent, past emails history, etc. you say he'll always find a way to contact you, no offense to you, but i don't think you truly shut him out. my friends always say they blocked that ex's number but then i find out they unblock him and then txt the ex their new number, new address, etc. maybe u r trying to stay away from him, but you have to be strong. don't read his txt, his emails, etc, anything. delete it all. you won't truly get over him until you purge him from your life. as long as u're still hearing his voice he will say things to you or convince you the love is still there even though his actions with other women say otherwise. don't even let him spit his mouth/words/writing diarrhea at you. it's for his own ego boost and self-importance and power to see you still pining over him.

and like u said, being played is manipulating the other's person feelings and emotions for their own gain. like that saying goes, "he's just not that into you." plain and simple, if you were the only one for him and he can't see him with anyone else HE WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT AND HE WOULDN'T BE DATING OTHER PPL. HE WOULD ONLY WANT YOU AND BE WITH YOU ALWAYS. he's playing his field to see if he can find someone better than you, and when it's going bad he'll fall back to you as HIS SECURITY BLANKET. he doesn't really care for you u know in your guts he's playing you, and i think a part of you still hangs on to the thought of him coming back and being amazing again. but there's no going back, cuts have been made, don't let the jerk back.
    Last edited by LuckyRabbit; 03-13-2012 at 03:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

usually when its too late.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by frankie View Post
    usually when its too late.
    ain't that the truth?