Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you have a good day, or a bad day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Default Did you have a good day, or a bad day?

Some days we have good days and somedays we have bad days, and in my case I had the worst day I have had since my final days in the military. Today I was working in San Fransisco and was amazed at what a fine day I was having despite the rain and being in Berkeley, usually by the time I get there I am so pizzed off from the traffic it ruins my whole day. As I normally do, to get a break from the kitchen, I will walk out on the floor and meet some of my customers and ask them how they are enjoying my cooking and shoot the poo. As some of you may know, I am a retired Senior Master Sergeant, and on my chef whites I have a yellow strip on the collar and cuffs in honor of our troops and I wear a pin on my collar in remembrance of my fallen friend Rob. As I made my way around the dinning room, I asked a table with three younger women at it, how they were doing and if everything was to they're liking. One of the women at the table asked what the pin on my collar was for, I explained what it meant and the meaning of the yellow band on my collar and cuffs, all of a sudden she starts screaming absentees at me and said some things that just plain hurt. Somehow I maintained my composure and asked them all to leave and I would take care of the bill. It's Berkeley, I get it, I am okay with someone not agreeing with my past career, but what she said about my friend and this Nations fallen solders was almost more than I could take, and worse than anything I encountered in my twenty-two years of service. I ended my walk and retreated to the safety of the kitchen only to be greeted by an overwhelming sadness, I literally spent the hour and a half drive home crying like a f*****g baby. I just don't get how some people can be so mean and wish death on someone just because their views are different. A lot was said that I am not going to share with you all, but the gist of it was that she was glad my friend had died and his children were better off without him.

I am not asking for any of you to post here, I just needed a place to vent my exhaust, going to grab me a beer now, you all have a good night, I will talk to you all tomorrow.

peace!
    Fate is one cruel SOB

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Miss seeing you here - FireFly 

good day just drove all day

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    to wake you up - Causingtrouble Happy New Year () - Naughty Babe Because you are so super xxx - Songbird Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK Because you've got your heart in the right place xxx - Songbird 
    To share a cuppa and talk - Songbird Merry Christmas!!! - Antics1313 Something you like to be woken up with ... - Songbird So sorry....I pray for your child..... - alex1 

Quote Originally Posted by MrBose View Post
    Some days we have good days and somedays we have bad days, and in my case I had the worst day I have had since my final days in the military. Today I was working in San Fransisco and was amazed at what a fine day I was having despite the rain and being in Berkeley, usually by the time I get there I am so pizzed off from the traffic it ruins my whole day. As I normally do, to get a break from the kitchen, I will walk out on the floor and meet some of my customers and ask them how they are enjoying my cooking and shoot the poo. As some of you may know, I am a retired Senior Master Sergeant, and on my chef whites I have a yellow strip on the collar and cuffs in honor of our troops and I wear a pin on my collar in remembrance of my fallen friend Rob. As I made my way around the dinning room, I asked a table with three younger women at it, how they were doing and if everything was to they're liking. One of the women at the table asked what the pin on my collar was for, I explained what it meant and the meaning of the yellow band on my collar and cuffs, all of a sudden she starts screaming absentees at me and said some things that just plain hurt. Somehow I maintained my composure and asked them all to leave and I would take care of the bill. It's Berkeley, I get it, I am okay with someone not agreeing with my past career, but what she said about my friend and this Nations fallen solders was almost more than I could take, and worse than anything I encountered in my twenty-two years of service. I ended my walk and retreated to the safety of the kitchen only to be greeted by an overwhelming sadness, I literally spent the hour and a half drive home crying like a f*****g baby. I just don't get how some people can be so mean and wish death on someone just because their views are different. A lot was said that I am not going to share with you all, but the gist of it was that she was glad my friend had died and his children were better off without him.

I am not asking for any of you to post here, I just needed a place to vent my exhaust, going to grab me a beer now, you all have a good night, I will talk to you all tomorrow.

peace!
    I am sorry you had to go through that. Thank you for everything you did and still do...hugs
    “Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
    - Wizard”

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by MrBose View Post

peace!
    Cannot imagine how hard that must have been! I am the proud aunt of four currently serving Marines and have nothing but overwhelming appreciation for the tasks undertaken by those in the service! Thank you ... I hope your day did get better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

My day today was great got to spend some time with someone i havent seen in awhile was great....

Gone for now?
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

good day

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    To brighten your day - Naughty Babe Because you make me smile :-) - Songbird My gift full SUNSHINE  :) - JerseyGirl To celebrate your posting again :) - Songbird Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK 
    A Christmas drink with my friend - JerseyGirl Happy Mother's Day - JerseyGirl Great avatar :-) - Songbird 

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiregold View Post
    My day today was great got to spend some time with someone i havent seen in awhile was great....

Its great to see you and thank you! :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

good day, watched son play hockey

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

It's been a good day. Just staggered in from the parade, lol
    Ladies Love Country Boys!!!!

I don't always drink beer, sometimes I'm at work and sometimes asleep!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

So far a good Day.