Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hockey Lockout

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

Default Hockey Lockout

Anyone else watching the lockout updates and if so what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Well I'm late for this party but considering they are still out I'll chime in with a WTF man...

I've been a hockey fan my entire life but this is going on the ridiculous. I'm all for sorting out the money issues but I cannot for the life of me understand how they dont just lock these guys into a room and figure this out. I mean is it really that hard?

Drives me insane but I have a local Junior team I go see that's a fraction of the price and awesome to watch so I wont be jumping on the NHL bandwagon soon. They lost me as a steady viewer on the lock out previous to this.. I doubt I'll go out of my way to support them at this point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

It's a shame that they are doing this and makes alot of the fans lose interest.
    My son plays hockey so I do get to see it and it's a blast.

Flirtilicious
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Being a long-time resident of Columbus, Ohio... this is an awful thing to see happen. There aren't any minor league teams within an hour drive. The only hockey going on in central Ohio is the college games, but they just aren't quite the same. So, needless to say, I'm in a depressing state of hockey withdrawl at the moment.

Even more depressing, I'm afraid, is this lockout will spell doom for our city's team. In the first 4 years of having the Blue Jackets in Columbus, every game was sold out and it was the hottest ticket in town, almost bigger than the football Buckeyes, and that's saying a lot. But the previous lockout nearly destroyed the local fanbase. Fortunately, making our first appearance in the playoffs in 2009 brought a lot of them back. And the following season saw a few more sellouts, but once the team continued its losing ways, the crowds dwindled. Ever since, poor management has seen losing season after losing season, until now... Columbus has lost its lone recognizable face on the team in Rick Nash. Today, ask any random Columbus resident to name a Blue Jackets player, and watch the dumb look on their face when you tell them Nash isn't on the team anymore and they need to name someone else... if they even realize we still have a team in the first place.

At this point, I know most casual hockey fans in Columbus have thrown up their hands in disgust and given up on the NHL for good at this point. If they can't bring a competitive product within the next TWO seasons, I fear this team may head out of town and that will really be a shame.

I've been a season ticket holder for the BJs since their inaugural season and I love this team very much. I don't want to see them go. But it is hard to sell this kind of losing product to someone with only a passing interest in hockey.

I was REALLY proud and looking forward to the All-Star weekend being held in our fine city this year. That, too, has been cancelled.

I just hope tomorrow's talks, without Bettman and Fehr, come through. I can only hope they do, so that would spell the end of Bettman's reign as commish. We can all only hope...
    Last edited by MisterWhat; 12-03-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Cheers ;) - Jewel Have one on me - Naughty Babe Thanks for being an amazing friend - JerseyGirl Still in the airport waiting ;) - Jewel Because you're a good friend () - Jewel 
    You might like it - BlueSapphire Happy holidays to you and your family! - Jewel Merry Christmas joe & keep singing. - princesspink To our day of wine! - Beauty Chocolate and cream...lick...Happy Valentines Day - sassyangel 
    Happy bday...they didn't have weed :oops: - Naughty Babe known ya a long time..Luv ya my friend - JerseyGirl For your munchies! - Naughty Babe Merry Christmas Happy New Year - JerseyGirl Merry Xmas - Naughty Babe 

i played all my life till injury pulled me off the ice

i love the game
    coached many years and many teams

college hockey is a great game and i usually enjoy it even more than pro

the nhl is tinkering with many fans that came aboard in the last few years
    now
    they are going to lose them
    who knew I would be the one your momma warned you about

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Let's see what comes out of the talks today in NY and it should give a good idea as to where they are taking this ship

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Hopefully they can figure this out this week or else I hate to say it but I doubt they'll be hockey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

doesn't look good at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Yeah they analyse the meetings here like surgery and it doesnt look good. Hour by the hour they have different views on who's fault it is lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

It's all called GREED!!!!!!!!!!