Thread: NFL teams split $6B in revenue

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Thought I'd share..... - Lacee My turn to buy the drinks, boss - junkmail We need popcorn to go with those beers! - Beauty Hoping you can relax a bit this weekend! - SpecialK I felt like sharing! - Lacee 
    Thanks for all your help! - Lacee lots of goodies for my handsome friend - JerseyGirl Lets cuddle - JerseyGirl Happy Birthday dear Mister I hope you have an amazing day! - flashandbang Happy Birthday! - Lacee 
    Happy belated () - Naughty Babe Merry Christmas darlin - JerseyGirl Sharing my Pepsi.... - Lacee MerryChristmas! - Antics1313 You Know Why! - Beauty 
    This is to help you get through the night! - flashandbang Cheers to you and an end of a very long era! - flashandbang Thank you for being so sweet - SexyTam Thanks! Cheers! - Ava Just wanted to make you a sandwich! I hope you are having a great day! - flashandbang 

Default NFL teams split $6B in revenue

NFL teams, for the first time, equally divided more than $6 billion in revenue last season.
    That's according to financials released by the Green Bay Packers on Thursday afternoon.
    The Packers said they received $187.7 million in national revenue, which is mostly derived from the league's television rights. The Packers' total represents 3.1 percent, or 1/32nd, of the overall pie.

[+] EnlargeMike McGinnis/Getty ImagesFor the first time ever, NFL teams split a revenue pool of $6 billion last season, according to financials released by the Packers.

Packers president and CEO Mark Murphy said the national revenue rose 4.3 percent from last year due in part to new carriage agreements with the NFL Network and additional revenue from Nike, the league's official uniform provider.
    The national revenue dollars the Packers and the rest of the league's teams have received continue to climb over the years, with the total pie up 56 percent, factoring for inflation, since 2006.
    The most significant jump will happen next season, as new television deals with each of the league's partners, along with the new CBS Thursday Night package, pushes the league's media revenue from the networks alone to an average of more than $5 billion a season.
    That doesn't include the league's $1 billion a year contract with DirecTV, which expires at the end of the 2014 season and is currently being renegotiated.
    As the only public team, the Packers are required to release revenue numbers, even though their more than 360,000 shareholders hold shares that don't have a resale value and aren't publicly traded.
    The Packers' reported local revenue for this past season was $136.3 million, helped along by the new 7,000-seat south end zone, which added $8 million in tickets and concession revenue and $2 million in sponsorship.
    Local revenues for the Packers were $136.3 million, up 6.4 percent from last season. Factoring in expenses of $298.5 million, the Packers pulled in a $25.5 million profit, down nearly 53 percent from last season.
    Murphy said the main reason for the decline were player costs of $171 million. The team signed big contracts with Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Sam Shields, parts of which were included in this fiscal year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For being the first to recognize you being in touch with your feminine side. - princesspink Here's a buck to take me out on a date someday.....lol - princesspink For always being sweet! Merry Christmas! - princesspink Happy holiday season! - Jewel 

I do believe IT has become America's favorite sport

I love to watch her strut slow ride's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Good to see you, have a beer on me. - Causingtrouble Just because () - Naughty Babe 

I cant even imagine how much money that is.... definitely a big time business
    I may sometimes wander but I will never leave.