Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: About Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    To wash down the bagel w/cream cheese - Naughty Babe You were a good sport putting up with my posting. - princesspink Peace offering - princesspink Some luck of the Irish? - princesspink For the diligence you show in trying to post videos - princesspink 
    I can't eat chocolate alone. - princesspink A place to keep those memories we shared - Naughty Babe Just because () - Naughty Babe Congrats on making the 10,000 () - Naughty Babe your always in mine my zodiac twin () - Naughty Babe 
    Thanks for the friend request :) - BlueSapphire Happy holidays! - Jewel 

Default About Facebook

Once upon a time around 15 years ago, social media consisted of chatrooms, blogs and the advent of forums. Then came myspace, twitter and of course, Facebook. For me, Facebook is the only way I can keep up with the people I graduated with (since no one ever uses actual mail anymore). While I don't post a great deal on Facebook, I do spend a few hours a week reading the plethora of information that is provided. So what are your thoughts on Facebook and what kind of place does it have in your life? How much information are you willing to share on Facebook?

^-^

And That's All She Wrote katydid's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Happy Easter ! - Songbird It is good to have you here. - princesspink Enjoy your day!!!  Hugs - princesspink 

I rarely go on Facebook and even more rarely post.

I can't stand it honestly. If I see my 1000th picture of my niece's baby (adorable as she is) or have to see where another of my friends went for dinner (or worse cooked for dinner), I go crazy.

Worse are my friends who post about their trips to the Bahamas with their new loves, their skyrocketing careers, pictures of their kids riding camels (yes, this is true and not at a zoo, but on the Sahara desert). They make me feel like ****. With my generally average, if adorable kids. My lack of a loved one, never mind one that takes me to the beach. And, the fact that though I have no desire to do so, I have never ridden on a camel in my life.

It is nice to see your old boyfriends and friends in present time, but not when they are having so much more fun and excitement in their lives than me!
    He speaks my name; My heart listens; My body enflamed;My skin flushed
    For when my name; Is uttered from his lips; I feel known, heard; Craved, needed

3. Thanks Firecat thanked for this post
    ~ The Perfect Storm ~ Naughty Babe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    how is this on lover? - Stickin Itin Happy Valentine's Day to you too :) - FireFly Hoping your day was filled with love. :) - SpoiledBrat Because you've always been someone I could depend on...and you understand me. - Firecat Because that's what you are ... you've got a treasure in (and on) your chest ;-) - Songbird 
    Sis, you know you're like family to me - Firecat happy belated birthday xo - sassyangel Because I can't do it for real but it it is sent with the same regards - Stickin Itin I think you're the only one who'll see the humor in this ;) - BlueSapphire For you and the kids - BlueSapphire 
    Have a very Merry Christmas !!! - princesspink I loves ya! - Beauty Happy Birthday! - Antics1313 No Message - JerseyGirl Love the sarcastic ways - JerseyGirl 
    Wishing you a wonderful Christmas! - princesspink Merry Christmas!!! - Antics1313 Happy Valentines Day - Antics1313 Just for the fun of it ! - Unfazed Lets get a drink!  You make me smile! - Beauty 
    Autism - Naughty babe Autism - Naughty babe Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Naughty Babe Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Naughty Babe World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Naughty Babe 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Naughty Babe Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Naughty Babe 

None..don't use it. If there are people I haven't spoken to since I graduated there a good reason for it.
    ~ Yield to temptation, it may

not pass your way again ~

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    something for late night snack - Causingtrouble Just becasue you need one :-) - Songbird Merry Christmas! - SpecialK 

I do agree with Katy.......However......I am an active member on Facebook.......Only ONE person out of all my Facebook "friends" do I see on a regular basis......I enjoy what others post......I generally do not friend people that I find offensive......Or drama seekers.......I stay away from that whole bunch......I have felt bad about myself at times.....Like Katy......Because I do not have a significant other......And my children are average children......But I try to take it all in stride......
    "Adversity either makes us bitter or better."

6. Thanks Firecat thanked for this post
    Likes katydid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    to warm you up from the snow - Clutch Merry Christmas () - Naughty Babe I hope you have a truly wonderful Christmas  :) - FireFly love you - sexylily No Message - Causingtrouble 
    You didn't ask for it, so I though you would like one - Songbird Happy Valentines Day - Naughty Babe Happy St. Paddy's Day! - elizabeth So happy to have you back () - Naughty Babe Get Well - alex1 
    You can have as many of these as you want and you'll never suffer from hangover! :D - CoolHeat Happy Easter sexy! () - CoolHeat just coz i can lol - Siren Congrats on the 10,000 posts () - Naughty Babe Since you aren't getting a ferrari for your 10,000 posts this will have to do. - princesspink 
    Thank you for catching up with me - killer69 By any other name it would be Spoiledbrat - alex1 To celebrate all of those years - Naughty Babe Merry Christmas!!! - Antics1313 Happy Valentines day - Antics1313 

I hardly ever use my Facebook account and share very little when I do happen to log in. Now I use it mostly to stalk relatives I no longer speak to.

8. Thanks Firecat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Happy New Year's - Causingtrouble Happy New Year - Naughty Babe Good morning, Mr map man :lol: - Jewel Have one on me - Naughty Babe Wanna share a glass? - Jewel 
    because I've eaten the bagal - pvtdancer Have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year :)kk - Jewel For many a laugh.  Have the merriest Christmas!! - princesspink you bring the whipped cream ;) - Jewel cause you can't survive on beer alone! - pvtdancer 
    good luck with figuring it out LMAO - Jewel Happy Easter! Hope you are having fun () - Jewel they don't have toilet paper,  but can you take this upstairs instead? :lol: - Jewel 

I have no friends, so I have no need for Facebook
    Hold me as close as you can til my bodies on fire.
    It's just a vertical expression of horizontal desire

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    To a wonderful post.  Congratulations! - princesspink Happy Birthday gorgeous - JerseyGirl Happy Birthday! - BlueSapphire back at ya sweetheart - nozzle jockey Because you're the treasure of your family xxx - Songbird 
    you know why - nozzle jockey You ARE truly loved, silly xxx - Songbird Wishing you the best for today, and all you are going to meet xxx - Songbird yours A&F - nozzle jockey you are a super woman, you rock!! - nozzle jockey 
    Cheers my beautiful friend - JerseyGirl Lets enjoy the show - JerseyGirl Hope you had a few of these on Thanksgiving! - princesspink I wanted to give you a naked man but maybe he will jump out of the box. - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy 2017 - JerseyGirl 
    Merry Christmas!!! - Antics1313 Merry Christmas!  Hope you are feeling better... - Lacee Happy Valentines Day - Antics1313 Your coffee with love x - Songbird Happy St. Paddy's Day darlin!!! - princesspink 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Causingtrouble 

I resisted it for a long time and never used my account, but then I got divorced and I changed my name on Facebook simply adding my maiden name! I have reconnected with so many old friends and actually gotten closer to those that I have always kept in touch with, but sporadically!

Here's the thing I have figured out...Facebook isn't for when I have a bad day (I never post about my feelings especially the negative ones!)!!

I post pictures of my kids, pay homage to my parents and family and Get all kinds of information I normally wouldn't! Some of the recipes are great and I belong to a few in town groups so I always know the happenings around town which is great for me and the kids!

Facebook is a community that when used in a responsible way, block the idiots, turn off notifications, unfollow most and make your page private will be a good source of community information!

If I want to know What Kind Of Sex Do You Feel Like Having Today or Arouse Me With 5 Words then I'll come here!

Ohhh and I have one preteen and a 9 yr old and they desperately want social media so I will have accounts to monitor theirs on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and ooooh I know theres another one I just can't think of right now! I have no choice, but to be out there and actively keeping my kids safe in cyber world!

11. Thanks CaseyB thanked for this post
    My Brother's Keeper nozzle jockey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're thirsty ;) - Jewel Happy TGIF () - Naughty Babe Happy Valebtines Day - Naughty Babe it's 5pm somewhere. :) - SpoiledBrat International Firefighters Day - Naughty Babe 
    Cheers to Us! - Beauty Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Cheers to Us! - Beauty You know! - Beauty have a cookie as I take the win - JerseyGirl 
    You will have mine! - Beauty First round's on me. :) - SpoiledBrat Wanna share it with me? - Beauty 

I do use FB on a regular basis, there are a few groups I belong to that have great training information. I am also the admin of a group there that allows others in the fire service to share training, job related jokes and just to stay in touch with each other. I do not allow BS, or negativity. It's a pretty private group, only allowed in if I know you and your background.

I take a lot of what is in the feeds with a grain of salt, if your every post is whoas me or your current health condition every 30 seconds, drama, you are unfriended.

its a place to go and get a few laughs, catch up with friends I don't see regularly, like all social media, I take it at face value.

" I'm on the frontline, don't worry I'll be fine, the story is just beginning. I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regret, and now I see the world through diamond eyes" Shinedown

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    something for late night snack - Causingtrouble Just becasue you need one :-) - Songbird Merry Christmas! - SpecialK 

That reminds me......I also use Facebook because they have a support group for parents of Type I diabetic children.......It helps me on bad days.........
    "Adversity either makes us bitter or better."

boobs make you smile goldielocks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
    Once upon a time around 15 years ago, social media consisted of chatrooms, blogs and the advent of forums. Then came myspace, twitter and of course, Facebook. For me, Facebook is the only way I can keep up with the people I graduated with (since no one ever uses actual mail anymore). While I don't post a great deal on Facebook, I do spend a few hours a week reading the plethora of information that is provided. So what are your thoughts on Facebook and what kind of place does it have in your life? How much information are you willing to share on Facebook?
    I use it to keep up with friends and family that don't live close by. Sometimes I think people tend to post way to much in the way of personal information on their pages. I have some friends that will post things and not think of the consequences of doing so until much much later.

I keep things that are personal to myself and refuse to post about certain things.