I have two baseball - related questions
1. Why is it called the World Series when it's 95% an American league sport?
2. Since it is predominantly an American sport, why did the Red Sox play their first two season games of the season in Japan?
I have no idea why they are calling it the world series
They are probably trying to get fan base from everywhere else just like the nfl is doing. More money for them and we get screwed even more.
Originally Posted by Musicmer
Yeah, it's all about the money, not the fans.
1. no idea
2. I believe that baseball is pretty big in Japan, maybe that's got something to do with it? Or else by going there, encouraging more fans of the sport? Wish they would come over here lol
1. because american's are so narcissistic we believe we ARE the world
2. maybe they really dig the food?
Well my opinion the Red Sox started thier season in Japan has something to do with giving back to the fans of Japan...I mean look at the sudden rise in Japanesse players coming to America to play....
Now remember this is only MY opinion!!!!!!!
Now on the World Seies....I think it is called that only because of the deversified (sp) cultuers in baseball.....
Again only my opinion!!!!!
I would love to see other lands play in the World Series...that would make it more interesting to me!!!!!
But dont hang me cuz I love my Red Sox!!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!!!!
That is fine with me Sassy...I think we all have our favorite teams....that is what life is all about!!!!!
Mind you its not like I can go see them every week lol
Well not like I can go see the Red Sox either....that is over a 1000 mile trip for me now!!!!!
Tags for this Thread