View Poll Results: What worries you about getting older?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Losing my looks

5 8.77%
  • Being dependent on others to take care of me

30 52.63%
  • Pretty much everything

12 21.05%
  • Nothing I'm looking forward to getting older

10 17.54%
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What worries you the most about getting older?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Paying over the odds for holiday insurance

Flirtilicious
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Well...what I was most affraid of is already coming true...and I am far from old...so my next one would be is being in a nursing home...have worked in one and knows what happends in there!!!!!
    I want to be like my Mom...71 and still VERY able to take care of herself!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by MA_female View Post
    Well...what I was most affraid of is already coming true...and I am far from old...so my next one would be is being in a nursing home...have worked in one and knows what happends in there!!!!!
    I want to be like my Mom...71 and still VERY able to take care of herself!!!!
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were a lot like your Mom. You're one of the toughest and stongest people I know. I wish I were a bit more like you, even half as strong and determined as you, would be nice!
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Flirtilicious
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were a lot like your Mom. You're one of the toughest and stongest people I know. I wish I were a bit more like you, even half as strong and determined as you, would be nice!

Oh Annie...dont think that way!!! I am not as strong as you think I am...you havent seen me behind closed doors!!! My house is a pig pen!!! I usually look like ****!!!! And cant manage to get things done!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Oh Annie...dont think that way!!! I am not as strong as you think I am...you havent seen me behind closed doors!!! My house is a pig pen!!! I usually look like ****!!!! And cant manage to get things done!!!!
    Awe MA... what do those things have to do with being strong? I'm talking about inner strength... not clutter!
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

hey women, your alot stronger then most. Your dealing with SSG being over seas and that takes a strong person to deal with that. Think postive women and that will help make the days that much brighter.

Flirtilicious
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Causingtrouble View Post
    hey women, your alot stronger then most. Your dealing with SSG being over seas and that takes a strong person to deal with that. Think postive women and that will help make the days that much brighter.
    Believe I try....

And who you calling WOMAN???????? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

The thing that I really worry about is who is going to be there for Andrew when I'm older and not able to myself. We've always told Lyndsey that he will not be her responsibility, that yes he is her brother and she loves him, but she will have her own life to live. Its very unlikely that Andrew will lead a totally independent life, when me and Iain are too old to look out for him, who's going to be there for him?
    Sorry to be so maudlin, but stuff like this tortures me

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    The thing that I really worry about is who is going to be there for Andrew when I'm older and not able to myself. We've always told Lyndsey that he will not be her responsibility, that yes he is her brother and she loves him, but she will have her own life to live. Its very unlikely that Andrew will lead a totally independent life, when me and Iain are too old to look out for him, who's going to be there for him?
    Sorry to be so maudlin, but stuff like this tortures me

thanks for sharing that and that is very tough to think about, most of us never have to worry about that so we don't think about that point that often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Its something that I try not to think about to be honest. All we can do is just live for the day, otherwise I'd send myself loopy lol