Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Friend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Exclamation

I need to ask my friends here for some advice. As some of you already know, I work for our Home Owner's Association as a pool attendant. The fact is, the HOA has a few struggles. We're pretty new, my husband I closed on our unit 3 years ago and we were the first to buy. I want to do what I can keep things nice here. I am not working this job for the money.

Anyway, the girl I work with is an "outsider"... she doesn't live here. She gets $9.00 an hour, thinks she's my boss because she worked here last year and thinks of me as her clean up crew.

For instance, I spent hours cleaning up crap like cigarrete butts, beer bottle caps, and garbage from around the fence line for the 3 pools we have. Thirty-six hours later I went to work and counted 23 cigarrete butts, a couple of sucker sticks and a strawberry, within a few feet of the pool sign-in table, (under the fence line where I had just cleaned) and where she sits out her entire shift. The table was covered in soda that had spilled and been left there, the deck was sticky from the same soda...

I left her a note the day before yesterday asking her to clean it up. Nicely, without blaming her... etc. Last night Andrew took Nicky swimming and I asked him if the butts were still there and he said yes.

How am I supposed to go to work, look at that, and NOT beat the livin' crap out of her? What can I do to stay calm and reasonable? She works 60 hours a week because she and I are the only ones left working after the other girl got fired. I can't quit, but I can't shoot the b^tch either!

Somebody... tell me how to go to work today?
    Last edited by FireFly; 11-14-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

You could have a word with the committee members and point the situation out to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

You know, most problems can be solved that way, but it always takes months for those folks to come together on an issue... and then they have to vote on it... but before that you have to get it on the agenda for the monthly committee meeting....

The pool closes at the end of August and I want to smash her face in at 3:00 today!
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Get it on the agenda ready to be sorted before it opens next season and keep your cool knowing that she might not be back next year.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer 
    Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl 
    Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl there ya go :) - pvtdancer 
    Thought I'd share..... - Lacee My turn to buy the drinks, boss - junkmail We need popcorn to go with those beers! - Beauty Hoping you can relax a bit this weekend! - SpecialK I felt like sharing! - Lacee 

maybe have someone that she knows from the year before go up and say something to her about it and then if that doesn't help make it a point to drop more and bigger hints that it needs to be cleaned up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    What do you think would happen if you confronted her about it? Tell her exactly what you just told us. Tell her that you're there to keep the place clean and you would like her help because that's her job. Express to her just how much you care about the appearance of the place.

If all else fails, shoot the *****? lol kidd'en.
    I better have an extra Xanax handy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

You know I'm really not a mean person... but there are a few things that set me off. This is one of them... just the disrespectful nature of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I much work my somewhat active brain cells to come up with some more... shall we say ... creative yet... "harmless" revenge.

... besides I need to come up with one more post for that thread... since no one else is!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Annie .... aare you her boss in anyway? If she has a boss, do you know them? I am a firm believer in at first always following the chain of command. Then if that doesnt work and you went all the way to the top then you take matter in your own hands and tell her if she doesnt do what you want then you will break both her hands so she cant smoke and drink anymore
    (_E=mc2_)

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I got into an arguement with her and when I was done with her I said "Well one of us is going to leave right now, it's either going to be you or me..." She put her feet up on a chair and I left.

Yes, in a very small but significant way I am her boss. I pay a HOA fee every month, part of that money pays her. I can approach this from 2 angles. As a homeowner and as someone she has to work with. There is a HOA meeting tomorrow night, and I have already called the president of the HOA to tell him I left her there... to rot in her own filth.... and why.