Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ask a Friend!

I'm a Flirt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
    Where to begin....*sigh* I'll be as brief as I can. It starts off with Dad marrying a woman of similar age to himself after a relatively short courting period (3 months). Well, her daughters don't like it, so at first they start by insulting him at every opportunity. My Dad is the kind of man who has "selective hearing" and just ignored them. To which they turned on me. So I got all the text messges, phone calls etc stating that I have been spreading rumours around where I live about these women.." suchh and such said that you said this....." plus the insults like "your dad is a paedo, flashes kids" etc. After threatening them with a solicitor, it seemed to ease off.....or so I thought.

A few weeks ago, my son( the kindest and most polite kid you'll ever meet!) was accused of pushing over the daughter of one of these women...although nothing came of it...but to cap it all, the worst thing to happen so far, the police knocked on my front door tonight, saying that the same woman is accusing my son of tripping up her son on a bus, to which he supposedly fell forward and bashed his head on a seat and is now calling it assault with supposedly 4 witnesses. Thankfully, they say that there should be CCTV footage from the bus ("should") which will clear his name. But what if there wasn't any CCTV? It'll be his word against these other people.But the police have warned that if there is any more accusations in the future, he'll be taken to the police station for questioning and that we should take this as friendly advice.He's only 15 by the way.

This hassle has been going on since the start of November since the announcement of my Dad getting married to their mum. I'm not sure if I can take any more or wonder what their next plot will be....or what exactly I can do about it....
    Oh holy hell. Some people r just so petty. I'm so sorry to hear that ur dad is going through crap like that. Has no one ever learned to respect their elders. If I talked like that to my moms bf I'd get a slap upside the head from her.

As for ur son, I guess living in the States you guys really need to watch ur every step. Really crappy!! Really ****es me off. If something like that happened with one of my boys where I live, they'd tell all the kids to straighten the hell out no matter who was at fault. Totally not hounding ur boy. But if the police did get involved, which they wouldn't, that's what would happen. Some kids r just so disgustingly behaved.

I'm so sorry you're going thru all this. *hugs*

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For all of the thanks you have given me..junk food is better than a kick me... - princesspink Cheers!!! Happy weekend - Naughty Babe I made homemade for ya :) - JerseyGirl More fun than flowers!  I hope youre ok! - Beauty Merry Xmas - Naughty Babe 
    Happy bday () - Naughty Babe 

How do I keep it up?

No, not THAT you perv!!

I mean my optimism, my confidence, my pride, and yes, THAT!

My Brother's Keeper nozzle jockey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're thirsty ;) - Jewel Happy TGIF () - Naughty Babe Happy Valebtines Day - Naughty Babe it's 5pm somewhere. :) - SpoiledBrat International Firefighters Day - Naughty Babe 
    Cheers to Us! - Beauty Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Cheers to Us! - Beauty You know! - Beauty have a cookie as I take the win - JerseyGirl 
    You will have mine! - Beauty First round's on me. :) - SpoiledBrat Wanna share it with me? - Beauty 

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-Pan View Post
    How do I keep it up?

No, not THAT you perv!!

I mean my optimism, my confidence, my pride, and yes, THAT!

All tough questions Lo-Pan none with any definitive answers. The easy one is the "THAT", see your Dr.

Optimism, that is tough in todays world with all that is thrown at us. This is a choice you have to make from deep inside of you. You can dwell on all of the negative, to which most of is out of your control. Or you can look at what you have that is good in you life and make the best of what you have, to look at things at things that you do have control over from a more positive perspective.

Pride, hmmm, there are different levels or kinds the way I see it. You can take pride in how you are raising your children, you can take pride in your work and you can even take pride in small tasks that you have been able to complete successfully on your own. Pride in yourself should encompass all of these little things. Funny thing about pride though, it can bite you in he ass. Being to proud to admit our own faults and mistakes or being able to "swallow our pride" can be difficult and is quite humbling. I know I should swallow mine a hell of a lot more often.

Confidence, again, another tough one. Look at what you have done successfully in life, if you shy away from challenges due to lack of confidence, you will never know if you could have overcome said challenges. Hit them head on, as you over come these everyday challenges, your confidence will build. You will have a hey I can do this attitude, once you get this, confidence in yourself can be maintained. Yes there will be set backs, but trudge forward, a nick in your amour is just that a nick and there is no fatal wound.

With too much pride and confidence can come arrogance, it happens, hell I know I am an arrogant MF depending on the situation and have been told so.

All we can do is make the best of what this short life has to offer.

" I'm on the frontline, don't worry I'll be fine, the story is just beginning. I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regret, and now I see the world through diamond eyes" Shinedown