Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To Cheat or Not to Cheat

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

such a smartass

Quote Originally Posted by Musicmer View Post
    Never seen the woman in my life. Okay well maybe once a day or more but besides being married to her i have no idea who she is. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Little ol me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHotPisces View Post
    such a smartass

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I can't believe I am posting this. I am very interested in hearing from others, particularly women such as myself, who have been or are in a marriage where there is little to no sexual intimacy with your husband. This is not because YOU are not interested, but because for whatever reason (s) your husband is not. How have you handled this situation?

My story: I have been married nearly 14 years to a man with a very low sex drive and very little interest in sex. No he is not having an affair and he is not gay. I knew I had a much higher sex drive than he did when we married...yet, at the time I thought it fairly shallow of me not to marry him just because of that. And yes, even though intellectually I know better, I thought I could change things, change him. But of course that did not happen.

I found right away that yes, perhaps sexual intimacy is not THE most impt. issue in a marriage...but when there are issues in the bedroom, it can and inevitably does become so important and begins to impact and affect other parts of the marriage...and eventually create voids...

I have tried everything, for years, to try and improve the situation. He will not really talk about it, or go to counseling. It is a very lonely place to be...in a marriage without intimacy. We are sibling like, not really like a married couple. I care about him so much and love him deeply...we have a daughter and I do not wish to put her through the angst of divorce. Not now. I realize there are many many opinions on this decision...believe me I have weighed them all...

Anyway, I see a situation like this to have choices...stay, have an affair, or divorce.

What have other women done in similar situations? I would like to hear others' stories...because I am interested and because as most of us know, it can be so valuable to hear someone else's similar stories and how they decide to "deal" with something, or not.

Thanks for reading, thanks for listening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Don't be embarrassed partyde. We all love you here and you keep the site going. Hopefully things will get better for you soon hunnie. Big Hug.

i am the same hun i dont have a big sex drive but my husband has less than me
    we have been married for 32yrs i love him but miss the intimacy we are close but haven't had sex for maybe more than 10yrs.i cannot remember. but i deal with it i have only been on forums since april2007 but find a release from it with the flirting. would not divorce but you are young so you decide what you will do.i dont know if i could live with someone else who knows what the future holds.i do not feel unloved.(now i feel embarrassed) now you all now nearly everything about me and why i flirt so much
    Last edited by party de; 01-03-2008 at 01:53 AM.

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Cheating is never right. I've been cheated on and it's the most horrible thing that I have went through. If you think about cheating, it's time to get out of your marriage/relationship

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

It wasnt me yall I would never cheat on GG

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

LOL.. I didn't say it was smartie

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    Cheating is never right. I've been cheated on and it's the most horrible thing that I have went through. If you think about cheating, it's time to get out of your marriage/relationship
    Hell babes does that mean you will never be popping across the pond again, damm fine nights they were, the air was heady with your perfume, and you simply looked divine standing in the moonlight.

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Shhhh Dave you weren't supposed to tell on me!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    Shhhh Dave you weren't supposed to tell on me!!!
    oops sorry hun, have to delete it.