25 35.71%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Are You Living?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty 
    Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire 
    all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl there ya go :) - pvtdancer Thought I'd share..... - Lacee My turn to buy the drinks, boss - junkmail 

Default How Are You Living?

Many people today are living pay check to pay check while others are making it with a struggle and others haven't even looked back.
    How are you living?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I voted pay check to pay check. We've had to cut back on non essentials, but then I think most folks are doing that too. We're lucky in the respect that we are tenants ( we rent from the council), so we have no mortgage to worry about. But our utility bills are rocketing ( not so much the electricity but our house is all gas and its really going up). We don't have anything extra to save away, so its a month to month thing for us just now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

i feel awful posting in here but we have no morgage all paid up we both work child grown up den has just started getting his merchant navy pension off which we got a handsome lump sum. so we are ok we have seen our bills rise and food shopping gas ext. if i was not working then we would not be in the comfort zone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Why should you feel awful hun? You've both worked damn hard to pay off that mortgage

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by sassy View Post
    Why should you feel awful hun? You've both worked damn hard to pay off that mortgage
    I agree! No one pays off a mortgage without having had to make sacrifices. You should be proud, Party!
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

We're struggling, fortunately my husband can work two jobs. If not for that we would be in deep! I have health issues that keep me at home, a full time job is pretty much out of the question and our medical bills and medication are crazy. We have 6 different prescriptions to be filled every month.

So far we're doing alright, but it isn't easy!
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I have a mortgage, shared with my parents, i struggle to get by myself. I can just about keep my car on the road. I maybe young but ive learnt alot from when i left school. I just spent my money on going out on the town splashing out sometimes 100 a night. Then i went on holiday, was made redundant whilst on holiday. Out of work for 2 months with bills pilling up and struggling to pay them, it has been a year since it happened and im just getting out of the debt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Well, things are getitng tight I must say....now they want to raise my property taxes 19%!...I just saw a huge...and I mean double digit....increase in the electric utility not that long ago....hubby doesnt make much so I carry the bulk of the burden...luckily I am a good saver but it is pinching a bit....

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

We are basically living paycheck-to-paycheck. My wife quit working a few months after she got pregnant with our son and wasn't working for about 2 years. She just started working part-time somewhere because everything is costing more and we were going to go under if we didn't do something.

So now we're a little better off and we're helping our neighbors out too since she's our babysitter.

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

We barely live paycheck to paycheck since I got laid off. We've stopped doing anything other than living. LOL.. we save money by going camping at my sis-n-law's house.. hey, it's free!! LOL And it was fun.
    This was the first year that we didn't take a trip to the beach for a week. This will be the first year in over four years that we haven't went to the race. Chris' birthday is Saturday and I've told him that I will buy him a ticket and he can go and stay with some friends. I feel bad because it's my fault, we can't go and thats what we both live for every year. Sigh.. anyways.. enough whining!