View Poll Results: Soul Mate? Fate? Neither?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Soul Mate

31 53.45%
  • Fate

12 20.69%
  • Neither

6 10.34%
  • Other

9 15.52%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe everyone has a soul mate? Do you believe in Fate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I would have to say neither. I think the idea of soul mates is garbage. I think sometimes people are lucky enough to find an amazing person, and there is a connection that penetrates deep into the soul, but I don't believe in one person out there for you like soul mates.

I also have a hard time believing that it was just destiny that my 3 year old was born with autism. I'm still on the fence with this one though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I believe anyone that wants a partner has one out there for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I believe you can have more than one soul mate. I consider my mother my first soul mate because we have an amazing relationship, envied by both of our friends. I also believe I married my soul mate. But people change and sometimes these changes alter the definition of soulmate. We live many different lives through our lifetimes. We can meet many different soulmates thru these lifetimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I believe in both....Fate made my soulmate and I "collide" into each other one "fateful" day. LOL.
    Happy endings are not always meant to be....
    but there is a bittersweet happiness knowing that it can happen.
    "It is not only what we do but also what we Do Not do, for which we are accountable." Moliere

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

i found her, just need to figure out a way to keep her.
    put something exciting between your legs

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner0993 View Post
    i found her, just need to figure out a way to keep her.
    Keep the faith!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket FireFly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    No Message - PrincessCharming Merry Christmas! - Divinity sharing my cake - Causingtrouble Sorry to read your heartbroken ($ - Naughty Babe Merry Christmas - Naughty Babe 
    Just for you. :) - SpoiledBrat Happy New Year's - Causingtrouble Happy Valentines Day - Naughty Babe Just cuz - Firecat Happy Mother's Day!!! - sexylily 
    Happy birthday - Naughty Babe For you on your birthday - Firecat Hope you had a wonderful birthday. - SpoiledBrat Relax ... just do it ... x - Songbird I remember when you quit. Congrats on your 5year milestone () - Naughty Babe 
    Thanks for your help FF, you're a lil treasure ;) - junkmail Happy birthday () - Naughty Babe for what is about to happen with the upgrade - Causingtrouble for what is about to happen with the upgrade - Causingtrouble to help wake you up - Causingtrouble 
    AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - FireFly Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - FireFly 

Not sure...still looking for mine,if there is one....
    Please vote :)

Top List Ranking

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I have my soulmate I married her 21st Sptember 1968 and we have been married 40 years but have known each other for 43 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiod4u View Post
    I have my soulmate I married her 21st Sptember 1968 and we have been married 40 years but have known each other for 43 years.

that is beautiful.. and while I appreciate you having one, I don't think everyone has one, and if there is such a thing... not everyone ever finds that one.. I thought I did... but it wasn't...

and faith? nope, I don't have any of that either... lol.. just kidding... I may end up alone, I may find someone who likes me and settle again... who knows.. but I know it isn't in my cards.. and I am content with that..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Yes, I do.

This quote from Richard Bach says it all:

A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who were pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person were safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When were two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are weve found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life.

this is a great quote. i do believe this.

and i believe that if you are not making each other better people by virtue of being together, you're not soulmates.

i've also come to believe (with a little coaching) that there may be many people that you can get along with and even be happy with, but there is only one person who is truly a soulmate. i don't know whether fate steps in to bring soulmates together in all instances, but i do know that at least part of it is up to the individuals involved to recognize and nurture.

i wonder, sometimes, how many people have met their soulmates and just didn't allow themselves to realize it...