Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which college conference is toughest?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Default Which college conference is toughest?

Any thoughts? I know it changes each year, but this year, which conference do you think is toughest top to bottom?

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I don't have any idea. lol sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    I don't have any idea. lol sorry
    Well, thanks for stopping by...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I am in big 12 country but year in and year out the SEC in my opinion is the toughest

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    I am in big 12 country but year in and year out the SEC in my opinion is the toughest
    I would agree were it football, but in hoops I'm not so sure. They have a couple of quality teams, but their bottom-feeders aren't so hot. Look where the Georgia program is. South Carolina? Arkansas? Those teams should be much better than they are, and someday they will be.

Usually, the ACC is in the mix, as with the Big East this year. The Big Twelve has some mighty teams in the upper division, with Mizzou, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas, but if falls off after that.

I'm from the Big Ten, and even though my Ilini handled Mizzou quite easily this year, we're still a year or two away. Bruce Weber has some serious talent coming to Shampoo-Banana; the question will be how long it stays. But the falloff from MSU to Illinois, Purdue and the rest is too great to call us the premier hoops conference this year.

All I know is I can't wait for the tournament to begin. That first weekend is the best weekend in all of sports as far as I'm concerned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Segismundo View Post
    I would agree were it football, but in hoops I'm not so sure. They have a couple of quality teams, but their bottom-feeders aren't so hot. Look where the Georgia program is. South Carolina? Arkansas? Those teams should be much better than they are, and someday they will be.

Usually, the ACC is in the mix, as with the Big East this year. The Big Twelve has some mighty teams in the upper division, with Mizzou, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas, but if falls off after that.

I'm from the Big Ten, and even though my Ilini handled Mizzou quite easily this year, we're still a year or two away. Bruce Weber has some serious talent coming to Shampoo-Banana; the question will be how long it stays. But the falloff from MSU to Illinois, Purdue and the rest is too great to call us the premier hoops conference this year.

All I know is I can't wait for the tournament to begin. That first weekend is the best weekend in all of sports as far as I'm concerned.
    I was thinking football on my orginal post..basketball is diffrent. I will always say the acc or big east in basketball..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

Big East this year in basketball but will have to same the SEC is tough some years too. Football you have to say SEC but there are lots of conferences catching up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Causingtrouble View Post
    Big East this year in basketball but will have to same the SEC is tough some years too. Football you have to say SEC but there are lots of conferences catching up.
    The Big East has some top flight teams, but can you really say it's the best when it has DePaul without a conference win (and sixteen straight losses) and Rutgers with one or two?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

This year, the Big East is best hands down. There are good teams from other conferences, but when you play that many ranked teams in your normal schedule, it makes everyone tough from top to bottom.

Flirt in Training
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

sorry , i dun know even i dun have any knowledge about this..........