Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Girl, 13. Gets detention for hugging two friends

Where the chapter ends and the adventure begins...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

There is a fine line between "public display's of affection" these days...unfortunately, we have come to a world where we cannot hug our peers in school...period. My children have the same stipulation in their school handbook and I expect them to follow the rules set forth by the district. The times we live in require our children to respect the personal space boundaries of others, so as nothing is taken in a way that can offend or upset another human being. Times now, necessitate us to honor not only restrictions but priciples and standards outlined for reasons we may not agree with or understand. It is sad, yes, but what would our world come to if we didn't teach our children to abide by a handbook, which outlines the rules of the school...we have rules everywhere in life; morally and stipulated by employers and places we visit; state, local and nationally governed societies...in the beginning of each school year, parents are required to read the student handbooks to their children and sign and return the first page to the school, said 13 y/o should have known better and her parents should have been a little less shocked...imo

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

i understand the respect for personal space and respect for other cultures etc etc

but hugging a friend is so obviously not a sexual act it is what it is an act of compassionate freindship

if i had kids at this school i would encourage polite, civil disobedience to this stupid rule

it is a dumb rule and really needs to be changed to allow for hugs, out and out necking and heavy petting may not be appropriate but dont confuse that with signs of friendship

as party de said kids need to hug more

remember columbine ?

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

This reminds me of the "No tolerance" issue in schools. It's damn if you do and damn if you don't.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    i understand the respect for personal space and respect for other cultures etc etc

but hugging a friend is so obviously not a sexual act it is what it is an act of compassionate freindship

if i had kids at this school i would encourage polite, civil disobedience to this stupid rule

it is a dumb rule and really needs to be changed to allow for hugs, out and out necking and heavy petting may not be appropriate but dont confuse that with signs of friendship

as party de said kids need to hug more

remember columbine ?
    The world needs more hugs in general...it would be such a less grim society if we were all able to show happy and kind affection to others...I agree, stupid rule...and unfortunately, my children too have to learn to respect the "rule" in itself, simply because it is written...the world has become an unhappy place with lack of affection (or others taking it in the wrong way), but we cannot change that which is out of our control...sigh
    *hugs to you all*

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by lovepink View Post
    , but we cannot change that which is out of our control...sigh
    *hugs to you all*
    but that is my point we can and we should, if we thought we could not change stuff out of our control, Rosa Parks grandaughter would still be told where to sit on the bus

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Valid point

Florida, North Carolina, and sometimes New Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Restraining is thirsty work. :) - SpoiledBrat can't find a remote,,so here's a sandwich ;) - pvtdancer Happy New Year's - Causingtrouble Have a PB & J on me, made special for ya. - elizabeth Thanks for noticing my year of debauchery lol - sassyangel 
    Have a green beer on me! - elizabeth Happy and naughty holidays ;) - Jewel Merry Christmas! - SpecialK Because!!! - Beauty For your lady, to honor her memory and your love for her. Many hugs to you sweetie. - elizabeth 
    hold on to happy memories of your time together, sending love x - pvtdancer For a simply amazing guy, Merry Christmas! - princesspink 

...darn promiscuous girls...stop them now before they grow into 15 year old's and really reek havoc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    For all of the thanks you have given me..junk food is better than a kick me... - princesspink Cheers!!! Happy weekend - Naughty Babe I made homemade for ya :) - JerseyGirl More fun than flowers!  I hope youre ok! - Beauty Merry Xmas - Naughty Babe 
    Happy bday () - Naughty Babe 

He's probably pizzed off cause she wouldn't give him a BJ in his office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Happy Birthday! - BlueSapphire back at ya sweetheart - nozzle jockey Because you're the treasure of your family xxx - Songbird you know why - nozzle jockey You ARE truly loved, silly xxx - Songbird 
    Wishing you the best for today, and all you are going to meet xxx - Songbird yours A&F - nozzle jockey you are a super woman, you rock!! - nozzle jockey Cheers my beautiful friend - JerseyGirl Lets enjoy the show - JerseyGirl 
    Hope you had a few of these on Thanksgiving! - princesspink I wanted to give you a naked man but maybe he will jump out of the box. - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy 2017 - JerseyGirl Merry Christmas!!! - Antics1313 Merry Christmas!  Hope you are feeling better... - Lacee 
    Happy Valentines Day - Antics1313 Your coffee with love x - Songbird Happy St. Paddy's Day darlin!!! - princesspink Cheers! - Naughty Babe You shake, I'll milk! - RudeboyUK 
    Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - Causingtrouble 

I understand this policy despite the seemingly ludicrous nature of it!

It starts with friendly hugs and moves towards those kids with no impulse control hugging people who don't want to be hugged and next thing ya know its a big deal! Or worse a boy with no impulse control hugs another girl whose boyfriend is too immature to understand and next thing ya know the boy is beaten to a pulp! Or even worse that boy hugs a boy in his class who maybe was kind and now both boys are being called homos and again someone ends up beaten to pulp!

Not for nothing, this is a fairly common occurrence in middle and high schools Nip it in the bud at the beginning by not allowing touching and you hopefully avoid the inevitable issues that come with immaturity and lack of boundaries that some children have! I hate it, but I get it!

10. Thanks nozzle jockey thanked for this post
    My Brother's Keeper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're thirsty ;) - Jewel Happy TGIF () - Naughty Babe Happy Valebtines Day - Naughty Babe it's 5pm somewhere. :) - SpoiledBrat International Firefighters Day - Naughty Babe 
    Cheers to Us! - Beauty Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Cheers to Us! - Beauty You know! - Beauty have a cookie as I take the win - JerseyGirl 
    You will have mine! - Beauty First round's on me. :) - SpoiledBrat Wanna share it with me? - Beauty 

I agree B, all you stated is very true and is a common occurrence in schools today. in all of my travels, Ive been fortunate to see many cultures different than our own. The one that just hit me was me was the Japanese, every time I have been there, Ive noticed that the girls in particular, from school age up to early 20's hold hands, very common there and in other Asian countries. here, they would be labeled. pretty messed up if you ask me.

" I'm on the frontline, don't worry I'll be fine, the story is just beginning. I say goodbye to my weakness, so long to the regret, and now I see the world through diamond eyes" Shinedown