Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Guns Kill?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

Default Do Guns Kill?

We've talked about this before and after seeing a post I'm just wondering the different views on why people say that guns kill.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

the person behind the gun kills.. if there aren't guns they will find another way to kill.. I think about West Side Story.. how they couldn't use guns so they brought everything else.. then out came the gun... but you can be beaten with pipe, a blade, anything and everything...

Flirt in Training
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Causingtrouble View Post
    We've talked about this before and after seeing a post I'm just wondering the different views on why people say that guns kill.
    LOL!!! dont hate on people that would prefer to see our world a safer place...I will just ask one question...what purpose do guns have other than harming or killing someone or an animal?...for instance a knife is used to cut food...or an object other than a human...but what purpose do guns have other than harming or killing someone or seomthing like an animal?

please dont say they are great with removing locks or something...keep it real...LOL!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpysong View Post
    LOL!!! dont hate on people that would prefer to see our world a safer place...I will just ask one question...what purpose do guns have other than harming or killing someone or an animal?...for instance a knife is used to cut food...or an object other than a human...but what purpose do guns have other than harming or killing someone or seomthing like an animal?

please dont say they are great with removing locks or something...keep it real...LOL!!!!
    guns serve only one purpose.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpysong View Post

So I shouldn't say they are good to shot in the air and make loud noises? I'm kidding.
    I don't own a gun but I have learned to shoot one and don't have a problem with people owning them. I do wonder if the world would be a safer place without them but think that they would be in the wrong hands if we did ban them.

Aren't guns used as a mean to protect yourself also? What about a bow an arrow? They are used in place of a gun alot of times to hunt animals.
    A gun can't kill on it's own without someone pulling a trigger. Like a knife can't kill if no one is stabbing someone, it takes two things to happen for either to kill someone or something and the second part is a person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Causingtrouble View Post
    So I shouldn't say they are good to shot in the air and make loud noises? I'm kidding.
    I don't own a gun but I have learned to shoot one and don't have a problem with people owning them. I do wonder if the world would be a safer place without them but think that they would be in the wrong hands if we did ban them.

Aren't guns used as a mean to protect yourself also? What about a bow an arrow? They are used in place of a gun alot of times to hunt animals.
    A gun can't kill on it's own without someone pulling a trigger. Like a knife can't kill if no one is stabbing someone, it takes two things to happen for either to kill someone or something and the second part is a person.
    lol.. stimpy and I had a good im chat on this... and I pointed out bows and arrows.. that all through time man has been killing man with weapons.. lances, spears, you name it.. rocks.. so there are ways of killing if someone is bent on doing it.. the gun is just another weapon like mankind has had all through the ages.. we neither one of us won this argument.. but it was really a great chat..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

just because there are other things that CAN kill doesn't mean that guns should exist... to stimpy's point, knives serve a purpose other than killing... guns are made for one purpose only. that some people choose to use knives (or rocks or bows & arrows) to kill with doesn't make guns more acceptable.

and, of course people kill people. but the fact that guns are created as the tool with which that can be done is what makes them problematic.

people are going to kill... but if we're going to have a government that outlaws things like drugs for the good of society, why would they not also outlaw guns for the same reason?

Flirt in Training
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Let's see.. hmmm..

Knives ... are MOSTLY used for cutting.
    Bow and Arrow ... are MOSTLY used for hunting.
    Rocks ... are MOSTLY used for building. (either the flooring of a field or a bungalow of rocks.)
    Guns ... are MOSTLY used for _______..

I wonder why guns are always placed on the logo of the men in uniform (police, army, etc.)

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Gun laws can be ineffective but for some differing reasons. It boils down to the fact that gun laws that restrict sale or owernship only punish law abiding folks who enjoy them for sport and self defense. Criminals by definition don't give a hoot about laws, if guns are taken away from law abiding citizens, we will be defenseless against the criminals still carrying them.

Taking guns away from those that use them responsibly is like taking away everyones car because of all the drunk drivers killing people. Drunk drivers kill as many if not more people every year than guns so by following the same mentality for banning guns we should be making serious attempts to ban cars and booze but we don't.

There's also the fact that it is guaranteed in the Constitution no matter how some folks try to interperet it. The founding fathers felt so strongly about it that they made it #2! Removing an Amendments from the Bill of Rights is an unthinkable act that will set a bad precedent - if they can get rid of one they can get rid of the rest. The minute we allow the government to dice up the Bill of Rights we as Amercans should be ashamed of ourselves for giving up something so sacred.

Another reason banning won't work is that there are already millions of guns in our country making it hard to round up even half of them (Canada and Australia are proof). Smugling will keep plenty of guns here too. Supply and demand doesn't stop for laws.

Blaming guns for crime is a ridiculously simplistic view that will never solve the true problem. To solve the problem we need to start focusing on the person behind the gun. Guns cause crime like alcohol causes drunk drivers. Guns and booze are merely an object in a bigger, very complicated problem. When has banning anything truly solved the problem it was supposed to? Prohibition was a flop that created a lot of very rich criminals and banning drugs hasn't kept them off the street.

Another point is there are thousands of folks each year who defend themselves and deter crime because they're armed. Should they be left defenseless to the crime that banning guns is supposed to stop? If they ever banned guns, we would be in a world of trouble because the only citizens that would own them would be criminals and we would be defenseless.

Just my humble opinion.

10. Likes redridinghood liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    forgot the ice cream, but here some strawberry shortcake instead. - elizabeth For the sweet guy in there - Naughty Babe Something to feed the "kids" so you don't have to cook. lol - elizabeth 

Quote Originally Posted by promking View Post
    Let's see.. hmmm..

Knives ... are MOSTLY used for cutting.
    Bow and Arrow ... are MOSTLY used for hunting.
    Rocks ... are MOSTLY used for building. (either the flooring of a field or a bungalow of rocks.)
    Guns ... are MOSTLY used for _______..

I wonder why guns are always placed on the logo of the men in uniform (police, army, etc.)
    i can fill in the blank
    hmmmmm - mostly used for
    skeet shooting -- now thats is fun
    hmmmm - trap shooting also fun
    target shooting -- a blast
    intimidation - if i have one and you don't guess no real battle
    hunting -- yes - shooting animals can be fun to some people
    killing -- not to high on the list
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm - hear gun shots all weekend at my house
    no one was killed
    ill fill in the blank - no problem
    i come with a small disclaimer