Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Romance... Good or Bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Default Online Romance... Good or Bad?

I have seen some online romances last and I have seen some fail.. so give me your opinion.. are they good or bad.. and what makes them good or bad..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

i am sure online romances to some are as intense as any they would have away from that enviroment, and if they do end they can be just as traumatic for that person left behind.

are they good or bad i think either , if it suits you then it has to good.

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

They really do exist. You dont need to be physical to get attached emotionally which is stronger than physical attraction in my opinion. I know a couple of people that really got mixed up in online affairs. Some have lasted for years, some almost ended marriages, some were fake on one side or the other and someone got hurt. Some people may think it's crazy but not to the people trying to fill the emotional void.

I've seen good and I've seen bad!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I think some can survive... grow stronger.. what happens if you meet in person and it isn't what you thought? what if it doesn't survive.. do you just ignore each other?

my recent experience has me in turmoil.. I thought I had a good relationship going.. and it turned out to be nothing.. it hurt like hell when it was over.. but other things made it even worse.. when you don't know the other person on the other side of the screen... you can't always know it will work in person.. I think the online romance that works is something that is a miracle.. and that the people involved have worked very hard on making it work.. but I don't think many online people really want to work on something deep.. I think they want to keep it light and airy and when one person makes it more then it becomes a hassle..

I don't believe that they work overall.. I think the ones that do are rare..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

i had one that has since finished , hurt like hell when it was over.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

so you think they are bad? would you do another? why or why not?

sorry, but I am a non believer... not a single one of my online romances has ever come to anything.. and I just don't have it in me to have another... I am really serious about not believing in them... I don't think I can trust another man..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I had a horrible experience I will regret the rest of my life. But then again, I have a good friend who met and married her husband online.

For me, though, once bitten, twice shy. I will never trust again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Ipurr4u View Post
    so you think they are bad? would you do another? why or why not?

sorry, but I am a non believer... not a single one of my online romances has ever come to anything.. and I just don't have it in me to have another... I am really serious about not believing in them... I don't think I can trust another man..
    i said it hurt, not bad, would i do it again the answer is yes.

i am simply an eternal optimist, i will always dust myself down and get up again.

its my nature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

i think the key to any relationship is being upfront, honest and communicative and trusting your own intuition about what's really working and what's not.

from there, i think they are what you make them. i've had successful relationships in real life where, even when they don't turn into lifelong commitments, they have been long term friendships. i don't have much experience with online relationships but, to the extent i have, it has been very positive.

i approach all relationships as an experience, without expectations, and let it grow-- or not-- from there. i think when people start putting a lot of unrealistic expectations on the other person or the circumstances, it starts getting messier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

what type of unrealistic expectations? if you are in an online romance what is unrealistic about it? I would think that you are already committed to one another...

although I agree, being upfront and honest is a good thing.. in any relationship..