Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Online Romance... Good or Bad?

Life's a Climb
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Online Romances are able to work if both parties are committed. It's just like a normal relationship. I only can speak from my personal experience and that is this:

In November of 1997 I met a man on the internet. He had gone on to talk to someone else and I had as well. We started to chat and clicked instantly. We found that we had loads in common. He lived in England at the time and I lived in the USA (quite a distance I know). We talked pretty much every single day or night until June of 1998. I had a plane ticket to go and meet this man at that point (yes we had exchanged photos and the like so we would know who we were looking for). I flew to England to meet up with him and of course married him in December of 1998. We have been married for 10 years going on 11 this year.

So the moral is if you are willing to put in the effort and the other person is as well Yes it can indeed work

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I dont see that there is anything is wrong with online romances...but I believe that some people let themselves get obsessed with them, and thats were the trouble lies. If its nothing more than innocent flirting and fantasy, why not. But I can see how some people would never get off their computers, and ignore their familys and friends just to persue an online romance.

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by panky_poodle View Post
    Online Romances are able to work if both parties are committed. It's just like a normal relationship. I only can speak from my personal experience and that is this:

In November of 1997 I met a man on the internet. He had gone on to talk to someone else and I had as well. We started to chat and clicked instantly. We found that we had loads in common. He lived in England at the time and I lived in the USA (quite a distance I know). We talked pretty much every single day or night until June of 1998. I had a plane ticket to go and meet this man at that point (yes we had exchanged photos and the like so we would know who we were looking for). I flew to England to meet up with him and of course married him in December of 1998. We have been married for 10 years going on 11 this year.

So the moral is if you are willing to put in the effort and the other person is as well Yes it can indeed work

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

The jury is still out for me. But I have seen it work for others. My own son met his girlfriend about three years ago. I thought he was crazy. He nevr even met her but he knew something we did not. Well surprise they are together living together and as hard as it is for me to admit they seem like a really good match! So I guess it is something that you make of it. Be honest though and honesty will be returned

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I have loved and lost on-line.

Did it hurt? Damn right.

Was it worth it? Damn right.

Gina

For the most part, they are bad unless both parties are true to one another and theirselves.

Some people have several online affairs going on at once and other people get hurt. These types of people makes my toes curl backwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    For the most part, they are bad unless both parties are true to one another and theirselves.

Some people have several online affairs going on at once and other people get hurt. These types of people makes my toes curl backwards.
    I can make your toes curl ..... backwards, I'm not so good at.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I think it's good ....Especially if you're really
    in love and if you're patient

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Miss seeing you here - FireFly 

Quote Originally Posted by panky_poodle View Post

great story , it touch me

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Online relationships are a rollercoaster of emotions. It takes two to keep them strong, so hopefully you find someone willing to put an equal effort as you. They are very emotional, it is hard to handle real life and online life. I think when you understand the other person and trust them it can be wonderful. You are always taking a risk of getting hurt. But the ride can be so fun and romantic.