Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formula One

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Default Formula One

My thanks to Georgiagirl for letting me start up this new forum. I was greatly interested to see if there are any other `left,right` auto sports fan like me out there. Please feel free to drop a line to discuss anything four wheels and fast!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

the Brits tend to follow formula 1 than Nascar. myself included but i am not what you would call knowledgeable about all things F1 but of course with last years champion being A Brit as is the current leader. i am being a bit more interested than usual.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I love F1 last seasonI watched right through from begining to end but it was ruined by the TV station broadcasting it, now its gone over to BBC1 we see the race right the way through, I think Jenson Button will be crowned the wat Brawn are racing. Lewis is grumblin cos he hasnt a car thats on equal terms yet if he is as good as he thinks he is he would be there with jenson, a poor loser. Alonso hasnt the magic anymore and is down on his luck, Barricello deserved to have won Sundays race, it was wrong of the team to switch a 2 pit stop to jenson. RedBull will go far this year while Ferrari will suffer We must also praise the pit crews for the way they change 4 tyres and fuel the car under so many seconds they deserve praise too, yep F1 is my sport, sorry Nascar

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I am not big into racing but I work at a summer camp and our driving instructor the past few years was a road course guy.. our racetrack is a road course and not an oval.. it is very interesting to watch the races during the summer and I enjoy it very much..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Ipurr4u View Post
    I am not big into racing but I work at a summer camp and our driving instructor the past few years was a road course guy.. our racetrack is a road course and not an oval.. it is very interesting to watch the races during the summer and I enjoy it very much..
    I sometimes watch rallycross which is road and cross country fast and furious but F1 is my favourite and next weeks race at monoco is a treat, narrow street racing, though very difficult to overtake ecept coming out of the tunnel when the track veers left right but one has to be a daredevil to attempt it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I have watched it on tv.. it is more interesting to me.. but still, I get bored easily.. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Ipurr4u View Post
    I have watched it on tv.. it is more interesting to me.. but still, I get bored easily.. lol
    it can be boring if not for the pit crew, if thet the drivers cant overtake the races are won by the pit crews they themselves need medals. Racing cars in the rain also takes skill as we have seen, driving 200mph into unseen conditions takes drivers to new dizzy heights of extreme conditions

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Has Jenson Button blown the F1 world championship by qualifying 14th today with his nearest challenger on pole?

Flirt in Training
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Formula one is still pretty cool, but I remember times when there were a good 10~15 teams of all sorts enetring the races. Those old turbo charged F1 cars coming down the track with sparks flying from the skid plates was quite a sight!! Watching the young drivers and the veterans duke it out on the track in the 80's was great!! What happened to Lotus, Tyrell, March and all the great teams of the yesteryears?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

it's not the same? I honestly haven't watched anything since August.. so I am clueless... sorry