Thread: When or why to get a divorce?

Enjoy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetheart View Post
    you didnt?

use you own precept baby caus ei like htem.
    :)WTF

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I menat to say "you ddint" without "?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

wow, it's different for everyone... some want to stick it out for the kids... some just need to get out.. it depends on the level you are at I suppose..

I can't speak for others... I can only say when and why I did.. I wanted my kids to be grown.. to know that family life.. but they knew long before my ex ever did that I was unhappy and that we would not stay together... they even asked us both why we did stay together for so long.. our answers were pretty much the same.. we were comfortable with our life.. we were ( and still are ) friends.. the love just wasn't there... for me, I was scared.. I knew in the beginning I wasn't going to stay... but I had nothing going for me.. no college.. no real work to fall back on... I was afraid of going it alone.. and I was afraid of not succeeding... but I finally did go it alone.. that first year was crazy scary... and falling in love during that time was a bad thing for me... it made things much scarier.. much crazier.. and I am thinking even helped push me into a sink hole... which has taken a long time to dig out of... but with some help through counseling.. and from some good friends listening to me... or just venting and letting me support them... I am moving on again.. I am supporting myself.. and I am not so scared anymore....

another marriage that is not going to last that I am aware of is different.. many years ago they decided that they would divorce.. but that they would wait for their youngest to graduate high school.. they wouldn't discuss it in front of the kids.. and they made a promise to make it happen... I think that is a pretty cool thing actually.. that two people can make a promise to each other and respect it as they both have..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

weird.... double posting

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

When he tells you that he's no longer in love with you. Not easy to face but there it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

It would have to get much worse here before the thought of divorce was ever entertained. I've seen others go through this before, and it's not something I would want to go through. I suppose I would try every other option first, including an "open" marriage" or counseling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Here's some to share with you - Causingtrouble To cheer you up. - Causingtrouble A dollar for your thoughts  ;) - Songbird 

when they no longer think of your happiness as equal to theirs, when you are no longer growing together or your heading in opposite directions and talking no longer works, when being with that person is making you have to hide the real you, when they are stealing your happiness......life is too short to spend it being sad and hoping for better days that may never come!
    I have sharp edges, missing parts, a wandering soul and a dirty mind that does not stop..........the weak need not apply

8. Thanks SirGary thanked for this post
    Flirtilicious
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    To take your mind off of butt. - Causingtrouble to help your day out. - Causingtrouble Because I am a giver ! - Unfazed For flustration - Unfazed Sharing my cake - Causingtrouble 

When you finally do the responsible thing and check your credit score and find out you have more credit cards and the debt that goes along with it in your name than you were aware of

blog in my contact info SpecialK's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Everyone loves cake. - Divinity For my BFF and one super guy! *hugs* - PrincessCharming Has bacon, just because your a cool guy. :) - Leilei Happy Birthday () - Naughty Babe They didn't have pain pills. () hope you feel better soon - Naughty Babe 
    always a place in my heart... - JerseyGirl Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and feel better soon! - princesspink Happy holidays K () - Naughty Babe MERRY CHRISTMAS SWEET FRIEND - JerseyGirl Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year too!! - Antics1313 
    Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! - Jewel Merry Christmas to you, too, sweetie. - elizabeth Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming enjoy :) - JerseyGirl No Message - Bambina 
    My kinda guy - JerseyGirl Early start to the weekend - Causingtrouble Sharing my cake - Causingtrouble 

when you realize it's just not going to get better... after 20 years...
    My girlfriend left me because she couldn't handle my OCD. I told her to close the door five times on her way out.