Thread: Basketball Rules

Flirt in Training
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Default Basketball Rules

The rules of this thread are simple. You get six predictions for the season. I typically do an NBA preview but I have been way too busy to do one this year, so getting six predictions out of everyone would be interesting just to see where people are leaning before the start of the season.
    1. The Indiana Pacers are going to make the playoffs provided they are healthy. They have one of the best offensive teams in the league and if Roy Hibbert continues to show the improvement he's made since the end of the year, through summer league and into the preseason, they will be a tough out. I knew he was going to be a serviceable center and he looks to be ahead of schedule.
    2. Jeff Teague is going to play meaningful minutes for the Hawks. The one thing Mike Woodson has proven in his horrific tenure as head coach of the Hawks is that he is not afraid to play the young guys. Teague is going to eat into the minutes of Crawford and Bibby because he is an efficient shooter and finisher around the rim. He is going to thrive in the NBA.
    3. Miami is a Wade injury from winning 20 games again. This team looks like crap on paper and I just don't like how they look. Beasley is a headcase working with John Lucas and Jermaine O'Neal is finished.
    4. Carmelo Anthony will push for League MVP and be a top three scorer in the league this year with the elbow injury behind him now.
    5. The Minnesota Timberwolves will be one of the worst teams in basketball simply because they have the worst collections of wings in the NBA. Wouldn't be surprised if they win less than 25 games. A trade for someone like Rip Hamilton would do a world of good.

Last edited by party de; 10-10-2009 at 08:07 AM. Reason: averts

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

1. Boston Celtics win the NBA championship.

2. Kobe injures himself and is out for the playoffs.

3. Celtics set new all time win record for the season.

4. Celtics sets record for greats point differential.

5. KG is named defensive player of the year yet again.

6. Cavs and Celtics play one of the best playoff series ever. With Celts winning in double OT in game 7 at the garden.