Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell Us About Your Work

All Sensual, All The Time sensual woman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Default Tell Us About Your Work

Everyone has funny, interesting, frustrating, or off the wall stories about where they work...no matter what your profession, including if you are retired, a homemaker, or househusband...

Share them here!

“Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.”― Jodi Picoult

Enjoy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Well .. this happened just this week. I was being deposed as part of a patent infringement lawsuit against our corporation. The opposing lawyer had grilled me for about 6 hours on our invention and why it didn't infringe on his client's patent, etc. etc. We're taking a 10 minute break, our company's attorney had stepped out of the room to make a call. The opposing attorney looked at me and said, "You know. Our firm is always looking for experienced engineers with the kind of background that you have to work for us."

LOL ... a job offer during a deposition ... that is just tooooo funny!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

wow, cavey you are lucky...

my work is nicknamed by many in the community and surrounding communities as "the castle on the hill" because the building reallys look like a castle....

However, those of us who work there refer to it as "insanity central", or the continuing soap opera saga "As the Castle Turns"...
    “Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.”― Jodi Picoult

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I used to work for the District Attorney. One night, the family and I were out at Logan's for dinner. Two guys walked in and bumped up against my chair so hard that they knocked me out of it and said "That's what you get for putting my cousin's brother's in jail".

I was the one who would go to arraignment and take "guilty or not guilty" pleas on certain days of the week so criminals didn't know me from the prosecuting attorney.... it got very dangerous. I have many stories.... AND a permit to carry a gun..scary, huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post
    I used to work for the District Attorney. One night, the family and I were out at Logan's for dinner. Two guys walked in and bumped up against my chair so hard that they knocked me out of it and said "That's what you get for putting my cousin's brother's in jail".

I was the one who would go to arraignment and take "guilty or not guilty" pleas on certain days of the week so criminals didn't know me from the prosecuting attorney.... it got very dangerous. I have many stories.... AND a permit to carry a gun..scary, huh?
    Hey, in the neighborhood where I work, they would do alot worse than bump your chair...

Enjoy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Georgiagirl View Post

Scary what happened, or scary that you have a permit to carry??
    Actually that is pretty scary. I am so sorry that happened to you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Hey, we now have 7 city police officer stationed in my building...after they found a bullet in the hallway...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Well I take care of 85% of North Americas butts.............I make toilet paper for a living so next time you wipe your butt you can thank me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post

Scary what happened, or scary that you have a permit to carry??
    Actually that is pretty scary. I am so sorry that happened to you!!
    scared . and i dont live in your country....... yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I am trucker so most of my tales are on the road and daft and dangerous things they do.

in this country and in Europe with so much traffic in such a small place truckers tend to flash their headlights to let the over taking trucks ( due to their length) pull in without getting your nose off

.on this particular day i did this to a Dutch trucker and he gladly pulled in. .there is in front of him a lady with her grandchildren in the back of the car with her. just stop as she thought i was flashing her. the truck in front stopped a hair breadth away from her rear bumper . me as i could on see the back of the other truck didn't realise til too late ,broke hard but i just ploughed into the back of him i was braking very hard but all i remember is my cab crumpling in front of me.

i was lucky that day i got away lightly next time.. who knows....