Thread: Woman Sues Mistress.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    something for late night snack - Causingtrouble Just becasue you need one :-) - Songbird Merry Christmas! - SpecialK 

Default Woman Sues Mistress.....

Woman sues husband's mistress, gets $10m 06:30 AEST Tue Mar 23 2010

Mar 26, 2010
    A US woman has won $10 million from her husband's mistress after successfully suing her for stealing him.

Cynthia Shackelford, 60, told the North Carolina court that she gave up her teacher career to raise their children and support her husband Allan's legal career, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Using a rarely used law, Mrs Shackelford claimed her husband had been happy and in love with her before his mistress, Anne Lundquist, 49, pursued a relationship with him.

After a two day trial the jury awarded Mrs Shackelford $10 million after she proved alienation of affection, a legal term for adultery, as well as causing severe emotional distress.

Ms Lundquist, who now lives with Mr Shackelford, said she plans to appeal the decision, claiming she met him after he had separated from Mrs Shackelford.

North Carolina is one of few states which allows people to sue over infidelity.

While still married, the Shackelfords have been separated for five years.
    "Adversity either makes us bitter or better."

----------
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Ten MILLION dollars! Wow!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

there have actually been a number of instances of people suing over alienation of affection and winning in NC! kinda scary... i think someone has to be pretty bitter to sue over that... given that a breakdown of a relationship is not usually about just one person in the relationship. i don't believe a third person can come into a perfectly happy relationship and break it up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I'm not so sure about that sxy......bitter definately!
    But if it became legal it would sure make people think twice about straying. Sort things out, talk about everything and decide together what is best for the relationship rather than just becoming unhappy and seeking affection elsewhere. Half the time the other partner is completely oblivious to there being a problem in the first place because no-one talks much anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by leigh View Post
    But if it became legal it would sure make people think twice about straying. Sort things out, talk about everything and decide together what is best for the relationship rather than just becoming unhappy and seeking affection elsewhere. Half the time the other partner is completely oblivious to there being a problem in the first place because no-one talks much anymore.
    yeah, but the very fact that people are not talking should tell them something. i don't believe that people are really oblivious. people know when things are not working... they just choose to ignore it for one reason or another...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by leigh View Post
    i see where you are coming from leigh, but i feel that the simple fact that one person is oblivious because they are not talking, is a problem in and of itself and that they should realize that..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

so...the wife sues and wins and does hubby get half in the divorce settlement???

Florida, North Carolina, and sometimes New Hampshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Restraining is thirsty work. :) - SpoiledBrat can't find a remote,,so here's a sandwich ;) - pvtdancer Happy New Year's - Causingtrouble Have a PB & J on me, made special for ya. - elizabeth Thanks for noticing my year of debauchery lol - sassyangel 
    Have a green beer on me! - elizabeth Happy and naughty holidays ;) - Jewel Merry Christmas! - SpecialK Because!!! - Beauty For your lady, to honor her memory and your love for her. Many hugs to you sweetie. - elizabeth 
    hold on to happy memories of your time together, sending love x - pvtdancer For a simply amazing guy, Merry Christmas! - princesspink 

I wonder if the ex got her money and if she is still single...

Flirt in Training
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

so...the wife sues and wins and does hubby get half in the divorce settlement???