Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's going on in your neck of the woods?

Flirtilicious
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I havent found a stroy about it today...but GA what about that little boy if Effingham fighting for his life cuz his partents beat him???
    http://savannahnow.com/node/441359
    Last edited by Boston_Babe; 02-02-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: to add a link

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

that is so sad MA i do not understand parents like that

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

^^^Those Mother-F-ing Bastards!!!!! There is a place in hell for them once they have had the **** beaten out of them while they are in prison. And I do not care about their well-being in prison--they've earned what's coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Squirrel's epic swim across lake

The squirrel swam at least 300 yards

Tourists on board a pleasure boat in the Lake District could not believe their eyes when they spotted a red squirrel in the middle of Ullswater.
    The mammals can swim, but they find it very strenuous, and have been known to drown in water troughs.
    But this determined squirrel had swum 300 yards (274m) - or about the length of six swimming pools - from the shore.
    Passengers lowered a rope to the mammal and it climbed on board and hitched a lift back to shore.
    The mammal then hitched a ride back to shore

Robert Benson, chairman of the Penrith and District Red Squirrel Group, said: "I've been involved with the conservation of red squirrels for 15 years and I know they can swim, but I have never seen it. "This squirrel was swimming strongly and had its tail coiled on its back so it didn't look bedraggled or as if it was struggling. "I've never seen anything like it before."

Flirtilicious
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Still packing for my trip...had to go to a bigger suit case...think I am over packing...

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

We are supposed to get 5-10 more inches of snow tonight. Grrrrr.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    We are supposed to get 5-10 more inches of snow tonight. Grrrrr.
    Dang! Have you gotten yourself a snow blower yet?!

Be safe & stay warm sweetie!
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    and we never even know we have the key

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Beachfront will be venue for air show
    Published on 07/02/2008

SKY’S THE LIMIT: Walney air show committee members at the site of the 2008 show the beach at Biggar Bank. Right to left: organiser Paul Rose, Linzi Rowe, who will be marketing the show, and committee member Dennis LairdMILTON HAWORTH REF: 0417724
    1of 2 Prev| Next

THOUSANDS of people could pour into Walney in June for a big air show along the seafront.

The second Wings Over Walney event is the brainchild of plane enthusiast and air training corps supremo Paul Rose.

The show he planned with BAE in 2005 was a soaraway success and drew 35,000 visitors to the island airfield and praise from local people and air show experts.

But this time BAE’s Walney airfield cannot be used because of procedural problems, said Mr Rose, who was head of BAE security in Barrow at the time but has now left the yard and works as a security freelance.

So instead, the aircraft to be booked for the show will do their flypasts over the scenic seafront at Walney, and the public will watch from the grassy foreshore on Biggar Bank beneath.

Mr Rose has started booking aircraft for the free show which, if all goes to plan, will be held on Saturday, June 21 – and, he says, he is confident he can get aircraft in time.

He is hoping for a mixture of modern and vintage planes.

Some aircraft might also be on the ground as static displays, being brought in by wagons.

The air show, which will run from 1pm to 5pm, will mean special traffic management along Biggar Bank Road with the road closed to all but local people.

Mr Rose said he got 100 per cent approval for the show at a meeting with local residents at the West Shore Club on January 30.

Mr Rose said: “It is going to happen and it should be absolutely fantastic. We wanted first to talk to the local residents. I am happy now that everyone is in agreement and that there are no major issues.

“They were glad to have the air show back again and were 100 per cent behind us.”

He said the main worries expressed had been about parking and about people finding their drives and gardens blocked by crowds or burger sellers.

Mr Rose said he had a letter from town hall officials backing the air show in principle, subject to it having all the proper documentation.

The basic cost of the Wings Over Walney air show has been estimated at 54,000.

Mr Rose said he was confident costs can be covered with money promised by sponsors and with grants, but appealed for any other would-be sponsors to contact him on 07723 343710.

He said: “Obviously it would be nicer at the airfield, but unfortunately we can’t do that any more so we are doing the next best thing, we are going on the beach.”

BAE said the recent upgrading of the airfield and its regulations had meant that a prohibitive amount of paperwork would be needed for a one-day air show.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Causingtrouble's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Because you're a sweetheart - BlueSapphire Your lunch delivery - BlueSapphire Happy Holidays () - Naughty Babe Have a wonderful holiday season! - Jewel Merry Christmas CT !!!  Eat, drink and be merry! - princesspink 
    Merry Christmas, big guy! - SpecialK Coz I can :) - BlueSapphire Test..I think i bought myself an apple first!  LMAO - Beauty Happy Valentine's Day - PrincessCharming Thanks for getting it working again :) - FireFly 
    cause I shouldn't drink the whole bottle :) - pvtdancer Happy Easter! - Jewel For doing a good job! - BlueSapphire all my lingerie :) - JerseyGirl Enjoy! - BlueSapphire 
    A box full of thank you - JerseyGirl Happy Monday. :) - SpoiledBrat Merry Christmas CT and know that you are appreciated for your hard work! - princesspink Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - JerseyGirl gave an apple not a gift :)  Merry Christmas again - JerseyGirl 

glad to see that he should be ok

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Omg, how very scary Gg!

A few years ago, a student at my high school was killed in an ATV accident - very gruesome and horrible...

Your son's friend is VERY lucky!
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    and we never even know we have the key