Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I HAVEN'T Learned in Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I haven't learned how to not get hurt by words.. or actions..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Ipurr4u View Post
    I haven't learned how to not get hurt by words.. or actions..
    me neither.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

how to do what I want to without considering how it affects others

Enjoy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I've not yet learned how not to be upset by those who judge others when they themselves are not perfect. Actually, I've not learned how to deal with those who consider themselves morally 'superior'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I've not learned, yet, how to accept criticism. I've also not learned that it is fine for me not to be 'perfect' all of the time.
    no one is perfect all the time. any one who thinks they are or could be just proves that point. aspiring to be the best person you can be is enough...

☮ ♛ In Omnia Paratus ♛ ☮ PrincessCharming's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate
    Right back at ya! Let the party begin ... Wooo - OopsDidIDoThat Happy Birthday!!  :) - SpoiledBrat Just because x - Songbird How could I forget cake for your b-day?!? Please excuse the oversite () - OopsDidIDoThat Thank you for a great night () - OopsDidIDoThat 
    Let's share a congratulatory burger together!! () - OopsDidIDoThat Merry Christmas xx - FireFly thank you for all you have done. Hope we see you back. - Causingtrouble Sharing my cake - Causingtrouble :) - Clutch 
    Happy birthday - Naughty Babe Merry Christmas - Naughty Babe I hope you have a truly wonderful Christmas  :) - FireFly Happy New Year's - Causingtrouble You wanted one, right ;-) ? - Songbird 
    For old times sake ;) - RudeboyUK For a friend - alex1 Happy bday () - Naughty Babe Merry Christmas, my friend! - SpecialK to get you drunk - Causingtrouble 

I haven't learned how to balance how much of my heart to give and how much to hold back until I know it is safe to give it.

All Sensual, All The Time sensual woman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I haven't learned yet how to accept support and help from others who are truly sincere
    “Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.”― Jodi Picoult

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I've not yet learned how not to be upset by those who judge others when they themselves are not perfect. Actually, I've not learned how to deal with those who consider themselves morally 'superior'.
    interesting post, caveman... i've been thinking about it while in the shower, which is where i do some of my best thinking!

i agree that it is hard to deal with people who consider themselves morally superior. i have a very hard time with people who go through life giving the bad answer to the ever-present interview question, "what are your weaknesses?" people who, in evaluating their own lives, "condemn" themselves for working too hard, for being too much of a perfectionist, for trying too hard to get along with others. REALLY??? my weakness is that i have NO patience for people who let themselves off so easily.

i know that things i haven't learned are HUGE. that the only thing i feel morally superior about is the fact that, at the end of the day, i'm not a hypocrite. i know that i can be impatient. i know that i can be judgemental. i know that i get angry about things that i should just let slide. i know that sometimes i should keep my big mouth shut and yet, there i am, going full speed. i know that i can be lazy. i know that i can take for granted the wonderful life i have while wishing for different/other/better things (that sailboat in hawaii gets more and more appealing by the day). i know that i can be selfish. i know that there are a MILLION, no a TRILLION, other things that i do and think and wish and feel that maybe i shouldn't. but i also know that i don't pretend not to be all of these things; that in knowing that i am all of these things, i can take small steps to be less so. any of us who thinks that we're morally superior needs to take a closer look inside and really evaluate whether it's easier for us to fool ourselves into thinking that others are the problem.

on that note, i'm going to go choke the crap out of my neighbor who is serenading the neighborhood with yet ANOTHER drum solo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

how to not be moody.......

All Sensual, All The Time sensual woman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bank
    Total Points
    Donate

I haven't really learned to think positively...wish I would...
    “Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.”― Jodi Picoult